Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Eastbound Day 2 Indianapolis IN to Carlisle PA 523 miles

After a wet and, in some places, icy start from Indianapolis the drizzle stopped and for a few minutes in Ohio and Pennsylvania the sun was out.  On Day 1 eastbound I filled up with the least expensive gas on the trip, $2.40 in Kingdom City MO.  It has gradually crept up to $2.59 here in PA.  I am averaging 24 miles per gallon since leaving Boston on January 4.  My average speed has been 63 mph.  I succumbed to the lure of Cracker Barrel for breakfast this morning since I was waiting for the temps to rise so the roads would dry.  I think Cracker Barrel has replaced Stuckey's and Nickerson Farms as the most frequently seen eatery along the interstates.  I will admit the food at Cracker Barrel surpasses Stuckey's and Nickerson Farms.

After crossing the Ohio River at Wheeling WV the route I am now taking is entirely different from the route I took westbound.

On the eastbound trip I have so far driven the width of Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio.  Tomorrow I will finish crossing Pennsylvania and the width of New Jersey and Connecticut then the length of Rhode Island then home.  My GPS says I have 399 miles to go.  I should  be home by late afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment