Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Eastbound Day 3 Carlisle PA to Norwood MA 399 miles

I arrived in Norwood at 2:30 PM EST.  My total mileage since leaving on this genealogical journey January 4, 2010 is 4,281.1 miles. I was in 12 states over the past 19 days.  I crossed the following major rivers Connecticut, Hudson, Delaware, Susquehanna, Potomac, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Arkansas and Ninescah (not major but family members will know why I crossed it).

I slept at Hampton Inns, Residence Inns, La Quinta, Comfort Suites and Drury Inn.  I ate at Cracker Barrel, Steak & Shake, Ruby Tuesday, Starbucks, El Patio, Freddy's, Picadilly, Old Town Cabaret Theater, and One Stop. I visited 13 cemeteries, 2 county courthouses, 3 historical societies, 4 museums, 1 antique shop, 1 university, 1 sign company, 1 camera store, 3 health clubs.  I bought 5 t-shirts, 5 post cards, 3 pencils, 1 camera battery, 1 antique apple crate label, 1 historical CD, 1 DVD, 1 genealogical pedigree chart, 1 gallon of windshield washer fluid,  2 toys for grandkids, and a lot of gasoline.  I attended 1 wedding, and 1 college basketball game.

I visited or spoke with my mother, stepfather, 1 stepmother, 2 sisters, 3 aunts, 1 uncle, 3 first cousins, 2 second cousins, 2 third cousins.  I visited all the places I called home in and around Wichita, KS plus the homes of both my paternal and maternal grandparents.

I have taken 466 digital pictures.

I will be posting a link to all the pictures and my Grove pedigree chart as soon as I can compile all my notes.  For those without access to a computer I will try to get this blog in hard copy form at some point.

Thanks for following me.

JMG

1 comment:

  1. Great summary. How many different types of weather did you experience?

    ReplyDelete