Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Eastbound Day 1 Wichita KS to Indianapolis IN 665 miles

The longest day of driving so far.  At this rate I hope to be back in Norwood on Friday.  Weather in the heartland has been mild for January.  At a point today the temperature in Missouri was 55.  Fog was heavy from west of St. Louis all through Illinois.  By the time the sun went down I was in Indiana and it was clear but damp.

Last night I was lucky enough, thanks to cousins Joe & Sue Poston, to attend my first Wichita State Shockers basketball game in about 40 years.  Last nights game was a pivotal one for my alma mater since they defeated the #1 team in the Missouri Valley Conference Northern Iowa University.

Thanks to cousin Jimmy Smith, Lori Baronian, Sheila Lockwood, Patti Fanning , for the emails and following the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment